Wednesday 24 May 2017

Crawling out from the swamp......

Goodly morning friends.
Having done very little crafting over the last few months I decided enough was enough and I needed to claw my way out of the "wilderness" so to speak. And what better way to do this than choosing something that had been hiding in my studio for almost two years......

 I saw this little chap (A kids bubble bath) while shopping and mentioned that it would be fun to alter. Well, three guesses what I unwrapped that Christmas lol.
 First thing was a good coat of DecoArt Media Gesso.

 Then out came my suitcase of DecoArt Americana, yes I do realise I have quite a lot of paint.
 This is always the fun bit. I chose to go with the green and brown colours as I had already started to call him Swampie, Not very original but it worked for me.

 Once he was dry I pulled a selection of DecoArt Metallic Lustre and added highlights to bring some of the textures to life.


 Then, the DecoArt Media Quinacridone Gold Fluid Acrylic came out to play. I made a wash and proceeded to "drown" him. This stuff really ties everything together and adds the perfect aged tone.



Then I had to exercise patience and allow it to dry thoroughly so I left him in a corner for a couple of days before giving him a couple of coats of DecoArt Matte spray varnish.

This was a fun project to do and I am pleased to say that he has kickstarted my creative mojo again.
Hope you like .
Take care and I hope to be back with more projects sooner rather than later.......

3 comments:

Glennis F said...

Welcome back! So nice to see you back in your craft room again

Helen said...

great to hear from you again, and with such a fun project too!

Carol said...

Love your project and so pleased to see the return of the Mojo - looking forward to seeing your next project xx